Capability and Criteria Checking
To ensure all Members match the strict criteria expected of WCA Perishables
The following check list is required to be followed and will be assessed upon each application.
- The application must be made by a legal member of the organization which is applying for membership.
- The organization must be operationally accident free from establishment.
- All WCA Perishables members must be local or regional logistics Companies with good reputations in their industry specific operations, including; finance, operations, communications, sales coordination and other professional factors which can be reinforced with at least three third party references from countries outside of the residence of their main head office.
- The applicant must be able to provide photo confirmation and a Company profile of their operational capability. Highlighting clearly their temperature controlled operations, transportation, warehouse and specific cargo handling equipment for temperature sensitive cargo.
- The applicant must be able to prove that their operations have English as their common language of communication for both verbal and written communication in International Trade. All WCA Perishables members should have in their office at all times at minimum one person to handle communications who has an internationally acceptable standard of spoken and written English.
- The Applicant’s operations must prove to have workable telephones, faxes and e-mail systems. WCA Perishables members should, when ever possible, use official company e-mail accounts only.
- The Applicant must have a 24 hr Emergency contact person to ensure all emergencies can be dealt with professionally at all times.
- All applicants musty provide proof of relevant insurance coverage in line with their specific cargo operations.